10.01.2006

Returning to Reality

The familiarity of walking into the crisp autumn air outside of JFK was extremely comforting on Friday, as I completed my adventure to Singapore. It is kind of sad to leave a place that I feel so much has happened in, but at the same time, I am returning with a new sense of purpose.

In my last post, I was contemplating the end of my journey, trying to find some closure to the events of the last two months. While I do feel distant from Singapore now, there is an understanding of a process taking place. I am in transition. Where as before art has seemed so unfamiliar and uncertain, now I that has changed. In its place is a desire and confidence that is driving me forward. Actions and movements make sense. The questions are now longer about how, but when. Tied up in all this is a sense of control, which has never been there before. I feel empowered and now can take aggressive steps to larger goals.

Singapore was my launching pad. It was my beginning. I realize how fortunate I was to have that resource at my disposal. Now it can't be left and forgotten. The energy and resources that have come out of this trip must be used to move forward. I would feel like I'm waisting something if I didn't take advantage of it.

So, what is next? New York is next. That behemouth of an art capital. It is time to attack. Doing so in a very aggressive manner. It is a bit duanting, but I feel ready. I feel prepared. It is not going to be easy to crack into the shifting movements of that scene, but it is a game that I am ready to play. Being willing to plough ahead and try to make something happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

time seems to have flown by, i can't believe your done already. I thought I would be sick of reading your blog by now but... you've managed to keep it interesting, and keep me wanting more, from your adventures... not you must have more. so that i might live vicariously through your art friends...

in tech now waitin for the end of the night... seems like they are one step behind reality... always wanting something that isn't quite reality something larger than what is possible. Something that if we had more time would be fine but we find ourselves grasping to get stuff done... as always its like treading water almost at the point of drowning but not quite...

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home