8.21.2006

From a tiny island in Asia

Trying to add a bit more and keep this thing going.

Last Wednesday saw the arrival of Robin and Greta to Singapore. I haven't had time to be with them though. Just trying to keep up with the pace and demands of the project. We did spend the day together on Sunday. Went to the tourist island of Sentosa to see Underwater World and some pink dolphins. A very family oriented trip, though my interests kept turning toward other things. I'm wanting to create my own work. Am getting bored working on other peoples stuff.

Keng Sen has invited me back for a residency. So, I'm thinking about a bunch of ideas for the project. The first thing in my mind is a game of some sort. Something contextually situated. (that's my new catch phrase) There are some interesting things going on here and I hope to do something colaborative with in a community. Will probably address the urban growth here. Or maybe the crossing of culture. Have been thinking about developing a story about a group that attacks the city to reclaim it. It would be based loosely on the Japanese attack of Singapore in WWII. There are some interesting places here that could fit into this.

We are now one month away from the show opening. I'm excited to see what comes of all the work. The process is still in gear and it will be interesting to see the pieces fit together. There are so many components to the project and fiting them together is going to be no easy task.

Look forward to hearing from people. Email me so that I can keep up with how things are going. Plus, I get to use my new laptop. It was a bitch to get but I am now the proud owner of a 15" Mac Book Pro. I'm very happy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah!!!!! welcome to the world of macbook pro... Thats awesome that greta and robin are there now. Give them my best wishes. CONGRATS on being asked back for a residency. You have definately earned it! Makes all the crap you went through somehow worth it.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah!!!!! welcome to the world of macbook pro... Thats awesome that greta and robin are there now. Give them my best wishes. CONGRATS on being asked back for a residency. You have definately earned it! Makes all the crap you went through somehow worth it.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home