7.29.2006

criticality





Was in New York last weekend. Took the Chinatown bus up from Richmond. Was tolk by many that it was a courageous act. Not sure if it was courageous or stupid.
Visiting the city is always a pleasure. There is something intoxicating about it. Maybe it's the fact that I can leave.
Took a quick pic of the subway. My favorite even though it smells like piss and in the summer its a heat wave. Have always wanted to design a rollercoaster ride that ran on the subway in NYC. Was thinking you could strap a cart to the front of a subway car and as it stopped you shoot off down the tracks. Not sure how'd you would stop though. Would a hand break work?




Meet with Megan for dinner at a little Yemeni restuarant and then checked out a dance project that was being done in a local laudromat. Not really sure what I made of the dancing. Much of it was a bit too boring. NOt engaging. What they did do was interact with the context in interesting ways.

Am trying to associate the criticality of my art dialogue. Wait that sentence was way over the top. So, my wife said that she thinks my criticality of art (which tends to be negative) comes from an insecurity of about my own work. Good stuff! I'm glad that she said that. My work misses the mark a times. It made me think that I might be better at being a crit vs. being an artist. Though, I think that I can do both. Am looking forward to writing about some of the work I see in Singapore and then getting to NYC to engage in that social scene and dialogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home