9.11.2006

Moving Further

I'm sitting in the a darkened theatre, observing rehearsal for Diaspora. In front of me video and actors are proceeding through the first full run of the show that I've seen. Hear it feels so small and compact, a bit rough even. When we get into the Concert Hall it will be on a grand scale. Huge. I can't wait to see that happen. The show opens next week. We are not very far off.

Last weekend, I spent most of my time seeing the biennale again. Needed to spend some more time with the work as I wanted to start a few of the articles I'm writing. Felt like I only had a very superficial understanding of it all. Robin and Greta joined me on Sunday. We talked about doing a review based on what Greta had to say. You have to wonder what was going through her head.

Just finished an article that is going to the New Media Caucus. It didn't begin as easily as I thought it would have, though I think the end product is good. I wanted to be a bit more critical of the show, but see it as the beginning of a process that has just begun. The intricate state of what is taking place in Singapore is hard to define in 750 words. Will be working on possibly two or three more for elsewhere. This article allowed me to get down skim through what will later be more concrete.

Visited the Asian Civilisation Museum. Was delighted by the amount of information and objects define the different Asian cultures. Extremely interesting and needs to be revisited.

That is on top of meeting a multitude of new people. For every one person I meet, 3 or 4 more come to light. This could go on forever. My hope is that things will be similar in New York. Could do a project that is based on meeting people. I wonder how long it would take to meet everyone in Singapore. I think its like 4million.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well here we are you around the world you in your tech and me in mine. we were up till two painting on the floor and touching up the set. I think were there now, but we'll see... hope all is well...

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home