3.07.2007

Mad over Power

Was finally able to get out of the house for some fun last night. Had good food, a cigar, and got to talk to some interesting people. That is what makes for a good night. Even had a British guy give me shit over my Arsenal scarf. He was good at taking the piss out of me, but in the end we had a good conversation about soccer. Learned he played for the NY Cosmos.

One thing that a friend and I spoke about last night was our lack of aggressive temperment. I have never been in a fight before. I was always the one being provoked, but in the end I was able to talk my way out it. This has happened as a kid in High School, even as a coach on the soccer field. When thinking about it from the other point of view, I don't even know what it would take to become aggressive. The easy answer is my family, but what else?

Now getting to the reason I'm writing. Watching the case against Scooter Libby has brought up thoughts of anger. I am getting sick of hearing how much certain people can get away with and still not have to face the consequences. It just underscores the fact that no one really cares about truth anymore. Maybe there never has been concrete truth, just as history is subjective. But, it is the manipulation of the truth is that I fear most. When I speak of truth though, I'm talking more toward how truth effects reality. The ability to make reality and never come to terms with it. As an artist, I understand this desire and ability, but I'm not making decisions about anyone elses life except myself. For me the ethicality and morality of such decision is much more of a crisis that the subjects of abortion or gay marriage. This is much deeper and sinister. I guess that is what our society has become. This is what makes me mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home