2.14.2007

Beginning Anew

Since last October, I have really felt like there has not been much to discuss via this blog. My life has been in total transition. I haven't accomplished any real work and each day goes by without a feeling of having gotten any further than I was the day before. Maybe this is exactly what I needed after Singapore. A dose of real life. The realization that this won't be easy. Maybe it is time to review what I've been doing and take stock of where I want to go.

I have 5 months or so, until I turn 30. It's not significant in any terms, but it has made me think about what I want to accomplish in life. People I know are making gobs of money, having secure lives, with a home, cars, an retirement account. Though when talking to these same people, I feel like they have sold their lives for a typical suburban American dream. One the I find extremely boring. Then you have a life like mine, where I've been jumping around. Doing this and that. My guess is that it is finally time to sit and think about what I really want out of my life. In the difficult times, I realize how easy choices are to make, yet the consequences later are hard to deal with.

Coming into this year, I've been very excited. That excitement comes in the hope that positive things will happen this year. Though, I understand that we all hope for the best and believe that something new is around the corner. My conclusion on this is that good things come to those who put themself in the position to succeed. It doesn't happen by waiting. Part of me feels like that is exactly what I'm doing, waiting. This might be a realization that you don't succeed for having good ideas, they must be realized and marketed to the right people.

Now, it is just going to take the initiative to make those things happen and create the person that I really want to be. I know that person. There is a vague picture of him in my mind. It is just a matter of inventing a process to make that happen. This year will go along way to accomplishing just that.

2 Comments:

Blogger saul said...

this is exactly how I have been feeling. I have always felt like if I made work and just continued being myself, eventually something would happen. I'm done waiting, we are the only ones that will make something happen for us. So from now on I am going to pimp the hell out of myself.
Check out the new Chad Vader 6 on youtube, SFX all by me! This morning I did my laundry and took a shower! woohoo for me! I'm a kick ass creative whore!! What are you doing this week to get to what/where you want(to be)?

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi matt =]
brady

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home